Sunday, May 10, 2009

Visual Essay







Okay, I get it. This is almost a week late, I suck. Yeah. Well, I can't find the rubric either, so I'm just going to have to interpret the "Visual Essay" on my own.

So I had this health project to do, and it was really time consuming and such. And then there was some more stuff, and I had like a chemistry and math test last week that I had to prepare for...BUT ENOUGH WITH THE EXCUSES! I promised I would get this essay done this weekend! Seriously.
So, I feel like the image above, yes the flattened world, is kinda my world right now. Not in a bad way, but like whoa, what the hell just happened?

And as I'm writing I've been using a million comma's. (Did you notice?)
But, anyway.
Throughout Feed I noticed that all the feed was, was mind control. It told you what you wanted. Doesn't that seem weird? Something to tell you what you want.
It's like, can't I think for myself anymore?!
Life is full of consumerism. It's true. We consume & die. Depressing and cynical, maybe. But hey, what else can I say? We buy more and more as we get older! Like, when I was little I didn't buy half of the stuff I do now. (Of course I didn't have to worry about gas prices when I was little, but still.) I didn't NEED a pair of headphones. (Which I do now)
And there are many things on the list of stuff we consume. It just keeps increasing as we get older.
Do we actually think about what we're buying and why we're buying it, or do we just buy it?

So, last Sunday while I was at the mall, I went into Abercrombie & Fitch. (I had never been in there before then) And as I was looking around, there was a picture of a half naked man with his hand down his pants.
I was so confused as to how that related to ANYTHING OTHER THAN SEX. I mean, it was pretty straightforward.
My observation:
1. Loud music.
2. Strong perfume/cologne scent.
3. It's dark as hell so people don't see what they're buying that well.
4. SEX! SEX! SEX!
5. Most of the clothes say Abercrombie & Fitch on them. Like I'm going to walk around in those clothes like a walking billboard advertising that store, SORRY, ain't gonna happen.
It is seriously ridiculous.
I did go into Hollister too, which is pretty much the same as A & F.
It's alllll a mind control conspiracy.
Just wait until they DO come out with a computer chip for your brain.









1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. You should check out my Visual Essay. -I pretty much said the same stuff you just did. (-Obviously our 'half a brain' was on the same wavelength for this assignment.) XP

    ReplyDelete